Educational Research (RES)
How to Read Course Descriptions
The bolded first line begins with a capitalized abbreviation that designates the subject area followed by the course number and title. The unit value is also displayed.
Components: Indicates that the course has multiple components, such as lecture (LEC) and laboratory (LAB). The corresponding component hours are included in parentheses. For example, LEC (2), LAB (3).
The course description outlines what topics are covered in the course.
Prerequisites: Coursework to be completed and/or requirements required before taking the course.
Co-requisites: Course(s) that must be taken in the same term.
General Education Key: Indicates the General Education area for which the course may fulfill a requirement.
- SD- Science Distributive Requirement
- BSD- Behavioral and Social Science Distributive
- HD- Humanities Distributive Requirement
- AD- Arts Distributive Requirement
- EC- English Composition Requirement
- PS- Public Speaking Requirement
- I- Interdisciplinary Requirement
- J- Diversity Requirement
- W- Writing Emphasis
- F- Foreign Languages Culture Cluster
- AR- Arabic Culture Cluster
- ASL- American Sign Language Culture Cluster
- CC- Classical Civilizations Culture Cluster
- FA- France & Francophone Area Culture Cluster
- GER- Germany Culture Cluster
- IT- Italy Culture Cluster
- REE- Russia & Eastern Europe Culture Cluster
- SP- Spanish Culture Cluster
Distance Education: Indicates if a course is approved to be offered via distance education. See the class schedule for details.
Typically Offered: Indicates what semester the course is typically offered.
Repeatable for Credit: Indicates if a student can take the course again and obtain credit.
Cross Listed: Indicates if there are any other course offerings that are considered equivalent to the course listing.
RES 590. Independent Study in Education Research. 1-3 Credits.
Research project, reports, readings in educational research.
Consent: Permission of the Department required to add.
RES 610. Thesis. 3 Credits.
Contact department for more information about this course.