Minor Performing Ensembles (AME)
How to Read Course Descriptions
The bolded first line begins with a capitalized abbreviation that designates the subject area followed by the course number and title. The unit value is also displayed.
The course description outlines what topics are covered in the course.
Prerequisites: Coursework to be completed and/or requirements required before taking the course.
Co-requisites: Course(s) that must be taken in the same term.
General Education Key: Indicates the General Education area for which the course may fulfill a requirement.
- SD- Science Distributive Requirement
- BSD- Behavioral and Social Science Distributive
- HD- Humanities Distributive Requirement
- AD- Arts Distributive Requirement
- EC- English Composition Requirement
- PS- Public Speaking Requirement
- I- Interdisciplinary Requirement
- J- Diversity Requirement
- W- Writing Emphasis
- F- Foreign Languages Culture Cluster
- AR- Arabic Culture Cluster
- ASL- American Sign Language culture cluster
- CC- Classical Civilizations culture cluster
- FA- France & Francophone Area CC
- GER- Germany culture cluster
- IT- Italy Culture Cluster
- REE- Russia & Eastern Europe CC
- SP- Spanish Culture Cluster
Distance Education: Indicates if a course is approved to be offered via distance education. See the class schedule for details.
Typically Offered: Indicates what semester the course is typically offered.
Repeatable for Credit: Indicates if a student can take the course again and obtain credit.
Cross Listed: Indicates if there are any other course offerings that are considered equivalent to the course listing.
AME 101. Ensembles for Music Minor. 1 Credit.
This course fulfills the ensemble performance requirement for the Music Performance Minor and should be taken every semester a student participates in a large or small ensemble with the exception of Marching Band and Marching Band Front. Students are introduced to wind, orchestral, and vocal literature as well as rehearsal techniques per their specified participation in one of the large or small ensembles offered every semester. Ensemble participation requires an audition. Audition dates and materials will be provided to interested students.
Typically offered in Fall & Spring.
Repeatable for Credit.