Music Minor Foundations (AMF)
How to Read Course Descriptions
The bolded first line begins with a capitalized abbreviation that designates the subject area followed by the course number and title. The unit value is also displayed.
The course description outlines what topics are covered in the course.
Prerequisites: Coursework to be completed and/or requirements required before taking the course.
Co-requisites: Course(s) that must be taken in the same term.
General Education Key: Indicates the General Education area for which the course may fulfill a requirement.
- SD- Science Distributive Requirement
- BSD- Behavioral and Social Science Distributive
- HD- Humanities Distributive Requirement
- AD- Arts Distributive Requirement
- EC- English Composition Requirement
- PS- Public Speaking Requirement
- I- Interdisciplinary Requirement
- J- Diversity Requirement
- W- Writing Emphasis
- F- Foreign Languages Culture Cluster
- AR- Arabic Culture Cluster
- ASL- American Sign Language culture cluster
- CC- Classical Civilizations culture cluster
- FA- France & Francophone Area CC
- GER- Germany culture cluster
- IT- Italy Culture Cluster
- REE- Russia & Eastern Europe CC
- SP- Spanish Culture Cluster
Distance Education: Indicates if a course is approved to be offered via distance education. See the class schedule for details.
Typically Offered: Indicates what semester the course is typically offered.
Repeatable for Credit: Indicates if a student can take the course again and obtain credit.
Cross Listed: Indicates if there are any other course offerings that are considered equivalent to the course listing.
AMF 251. Foundations of Music Performance I. 3 Credits.
Foundations of Music Performance I is a performance-based class for non-music majors exploring the fundamental elements of music required to be a better musician and performer. This is the first semester of a two-semester sequence required for the Music Performance Minor. Students enrolled in AMF 251 must have successfully auditioned for one of WCU's many performing ensembles.
Typically offered in Fall.
AMF 252. Foundations of Music Performance II. 3 Credits.
Foundations of Music Performance II is a performance-based class for non-music majors exploring the advanced elements of music performance. This is the second semester of a two-semester sequence required for the Music Performance Minor. Students enrolled in AMF 252 must have successfully auditioned for one of WCU's many performing ensembles.
Pre / Co requisites: AMF 252 prerequisite requires AMF 251 and successful ensemble audition.
Typically offered in Spring.