Requirements for the Baccalaureate Degree
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 120 credits, distributed as shown in the curriculum for the student's major field. NOTE: Some programs will require more than 120 credits for degree completion. These programs are described within the department’s pages in this catalog.
- Achievement of a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.000 (C) and an average of at least 2.000 (C) in the major and minor. Some programs require a higher GPA.
- At least 30 of the last 60 credits be earned at West Chester University. Additionally, 50% of the major/minor must be completed at West Chester University, excluding cognate courses.
- Fulfillment of any special requirements or program competencies that are particular to a department or college.
- Fulfillment of all financial obligations to the University, including payment of the graduation fee, returning of University property, and all other obligations.
- Compliance with all academic requests, including applying for graduation through myWCU by the deadlines posted on the Office of the Registrar's website.
Students are expected to complete all degree requirements within the semester in which they intend to graduate. Any unmet degree requirements can only be completed for that semester's graduation date, if the attempt to complete the degree requirement was initiated prior to the end of the semester, and the requirement was completed within 30 days of the actual graduation date.