Reading Specialist Certification
Requirements for the certification program, 30 semester hours:
- The student must possess an Instructional I Certificate.
- Courses required within the first 15 credits are EDR 505, 507, 509, 512.
- The student must maintain an overall GPA of 3.0.
- In order to obtain the certificate, the student must successfully complete the reading education courses listed as part of the M.Ed. in reading program. The student is not required to take the two courses in professional education but must meet any additional state requirements.
- The student must perform successfully on the comprehensive examination.
- The student must attempt the state designated advanced licensure exam (e.g., Praxis II) prior to program completion.