The Office of Student Conduct
The University is committed to providing a sound educational environment for intellectual pursuits by fostering student development and upholding community standards. Accordingly, the West Chester University Student Code of Conduct, a set of behavioral standards, has been created to maintain a safe and secure campus environment.
The WCU Student Code of Conduct, found online and in the Ram's Eye View student handbook, translates those acts that constitute unacceptable behavior for the University's students and student organizations. Students and student organizations accept the responsibility to abide by all University rules and regulations. In addition to these rules and regulations, students are expected to obey federal, state, and local laws. The University, for educational purposes, has the right to review any action taken by local law enforcement agencies regarding students. Disciplinary action may be imposed when a student engages in behavior, on or off campus, that is not consistent with University community standards as defined by the West Chester University Student Code of Conduct.
As members of the University community, students have the right to:
- Participate in all activities of the University, free from any form of harassment or discrimination
- Personal privacy except otherwise provided by the law
- To procedural due process in all action arising from violations of University regulations
Along with those rights, students have the responsibility to:
- Respect the rights and property of others
- Become fully acquainted with the published University regulations and comply with them
- Recognize that their actions reflect on the entire University community
The Office of Student Conduct is overseen by the Assistant Dean of Students and works collaboratively with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and community constituents to address student behavioral issues that impact the University community. The Office of Student Conduct is located in 200 Ruby Jones Hall, 610-436-3511, and can also be reached at StudentConduct@wcupa.edu.