Student Affairs Information

Student Affairs

West Chester University Student Affairs is a community of educators who design and facilitate high-quality co-curricular experiences to develop students’ personal, professional, and intellectual talents, preparing them to learn, lead, and serve.

Offices within the Student Affairs Division include Athletics, Campus Recreation, Communications and Marketing, Counseling and Psychological Services, Dining, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Off Campus and Commuter Services, Parent and Family Relations, Residence Life and Housing Services, Spirit and Traditions, Student Assistance, Student Conduct, Student Health Services, Student Leadership and Involvement, Student Ombuds, Sykes Union and Student Activities, and Wellness Promotion.

The administration believes that students should share the responsibility for governing their community and should have a voice in shaping the objectives of the University. Through a democratically constructed student government and committee structure, the administration, faculty, and student body seek to work together on behalf of the general welfare of the University.

Classification of Students

Students who attend West Chester University are classified for administrative purposes into two categories.

Resident Student

These students live in either housing facilities managed by WCU or managed by University Student Housing (USH), a subsidiary of the West Chester University Foundation. Residents of North Campus residence halls are required to choose from three University meal plans (see "Meal Fee"). Residents living in the South Campus apartment community and the College Arms Apartments are not required to purchase a meal plan for the 2023-2024 academic year; however, they may choose any meal plan option if they are interested.

Off-Campus Student

This classification covers students who travel or commute to and from their legal residences, as well as students who live away from the homes of their parents or legal guardians in a dwelling that is not supervised or approved by the University.