Honors College Program

University College
General Education Requirements
First Year Experience3
Self-Awareness and Development
Academic Foundations
English Composition Requirements
Students must complete the full honors core in order to have WRT 120 and WRT 200 requirements waived. If a student completes only part of the core, that student will be responsible for completing both WRT 120 and WRT 200 in order to complete WCU General Education Requirements.
Mathematics requirement3
MAT course
Interdisciplinary requirement3
Honors Seminar: Global Issues
Honors Seminar
Honors Seminar
Symposium in the Arts and Humanities
Symposium in Social and Behavioral Science
Honors Seminar
Honors Seminar
Diverse Communities requirement 13
Educational Systems and Social Influence
Developing Leadership with ELLs in the Classroom & Community
Distributive Requirements
Science requirement 26
Science, Technology and Environmental Systems
Behavioral & Social Science requirement6
Educational Systems and Social Influence
American Government, Democracy and Public Opinion
Humanities requirement6
Ethics and Moral Choice in Tech Age
Stewardship and Civic Engagement
Arts requirement
Community and the Arts
Additional Baccalaureate Requirements
Students in the Honors College Program are required to meet additional baccalaureate degree requirements such as Writing Emphasis, Speaking Emphasis, and Ethics.
Language/Culture Requirement
If your major includes a foreign language requirement, you must complete the requirements as outlined by your major.
Honors Core
Self-Awareness and Development
Decision Making and Public Discourse
Theories and Strategies of Community Change
Honors Seminar
Honors Seminar
Honors Seminar
Honors Seminar
Senior Project

To track their individual degree progress, students are advised to access their Degree Progress Report (DPR) via myWCU regularly. For more information, visit wcupa.edu/DegreeProgressReport.

The following is a suggested course sequence for this program; course offerings and availability are not guaranteed. Students should consult their academic advisor with any questions.